Level 1 DUI Program
IMPORTANT: Did your DUI occur outside of Florida or on an out of state license?
If so, contact our office before registering online. Every state has different DUI requirements and contacting our office before registering will allow our staff to assist you in meeting the specific requirements of each state involved. Failure to contact our office before registration may result in fees and delays in completing each state's requirements and may subsequently affect you obtaining and/or status of your driver license. To speak to a representative call : (727) 442-0233 ext. 541
The DUI Level I Drug and Alcohol Education Course is twelve (12) hours of instruction designed to expose the DUI client, who has had one alcohol or drug related traffic arrest/conviction, to issues regarding the use of alcohol and drugs.
Driver Risk Evaluation:
Goals for First Offender (Level I) Education course:
- Completed prior to course participation (when feasible).
- One hour face to face substance abuse evaluation, completed by a certified DUI Evaluator.
- Completion of written diagnostic tests along with the psychosocial evaluation are used to complete a comprehensive evaluation
- Suncoast Safety Council’s Evaluators are bound by Professional Ethics in accordance with the American Psychological Association, federal and state laws.
DUI Level I Course Content:
- To define the DUI problem for society and the individual.
- To provide information on the effects and consequences of alcohol and other drugs on driving.
- To assist participants in self-assessing the nature of their problem with alcohol and other drugs and driving.
- To develop alternatives to impaired driving.
- Linking people to community resources.
- Consists of twelve (12) hours.
- Includes behavioral objectives for the student.
- Consists of didactic and interactive educational methodologies.
- Emphasis personal choice.
- Review of Florida traffic laws relating to DUI.
- Review of DUI process through the court system and DHSMV.
- Substance abuse, chemical dependency, and additional issues will be addressed.
- Courses are available in English.
- Locations include Clearwater and St. Petersburg.
- To meet the needs of varying schedules of enrollees, classes are available weekly, days, evenings and weekends.
- Enrollees must register for the DUI program in the county where they live, work or attend school, unless an exception has been granted.
- DUI registration fees and re-schedule fees are set by the DHSMV for all Florida DUI programs.
- DUI Level I Fee is $276.50 and includes the mandated State Assessment Fee, a Florida life time driving record and the Driver Risk Inventory questionnaire. For your convenience, Suncoast Safety Council accepts Cash, Checks, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card and Debit Cards.